The Environmental Department oversees an array of strategies and programs related to providing a safe, reliable and sustainable water supply.
- Facilitates District’s sustainable water supply planning.
- Conducts environmental permitting for capital improvement projects.
- Conducts legislative review and advocates to protect District resources.
- Facilitates public engagement and communication of District activities through an integrated multi-media approach.
- Helps identify current or potential drought conditions to help the District increase water conservation guidelines to meet demand and regulatory requirements.
- Identifies grant funding opportunities, prepares applications, coordinates with other agencies for collaborative grants and administers grants awarded.
- Manages District lands to protect water supply.