About the Department
The Engineering Department oversees the day-to-day operations and the long range planning of all engineering functions within the District. Some examples of these functions are listed below:
- Provide engineering support to the Operations staff and management,
- Establish Design Standards for the District,
- Review development permits and water meter requests,
- Establish and implement the District’s Capital Improvement Plan (CIP),
- Hire engineers and other consultants,
- Provide comprehensive management of design services, permitting and construction services for all capital improvement projects,
- Obtain bids from contractors for the construction of new infrastructure,
- Oversee the development of the District’s Water Master Plan,
- Oversee the development of the District’s Geographic Information System (GIS), mobile field maps, high accuracy GPS and Asset Management programs.
The District employees in the Engineering Department are dedicated to leading the water utility by protecting our environment and natural water resources, implementing innovative and cost effective designs for new facilities and providing the highest possible level of service and support to all our customers.