Serving as a strategic partner with the District's Departments, Human Resources provides responsive professional services in attracting, developing and retaining a high performing workforce.
Human Resources is responsible for providing HR guidance to all District employees. It is our primary goal to recruit and maintain a highly skilled and qualified workforce.
To accomplish this, our Human Resources offers a number of services to all our employees which include:
- Recruitment and Selection: Serves as the lead in the recruitment process to administer the application, testing and pre-employment processes. Working in conjunction with other departments, the Human Resources Department strives to attract, hire and retain qualified individuals and place them in positions with responsibilities that allow them to maximize their skills, knowledge and talents.
- Labor Relations: Assists in the District’s labor relations with its employee bargaining units and non-represented employees including, drafting and interpreting Memorandum of Understanding as needed and maintaining effective working relationships with labor associations.
- Employee Relations: Administers the performance evaluation process and provide guidance and assistance to supervisors with employee performance and disciplinary issues, manage and resolve employee grievances.
- Classification and Compensation: Maintain the District’s classification plan to ensure job descriptions accurately reflect the duties, responsibilities and qualifications necessary, and as needed coordinate labor market studies of compensation to be used as the basis for labor negotiations.
- Employee Benefits: Administer the medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, retirement and supplemental benefit programs offered to District employees, host an annual Employee Health Fair, and administration of the Workers’ Compensation program to ensure timely medical treatment for employees injured on the job.
- Leave Administration: Administer and advise employees on leaves available to them including Family Care and Medical Leave, Pregnancy Disability and Military Leave.