Per the Rules and Regulations of the San Lorenzo Valley Water District, procedures for leak adjustment are as follows:
- Customer must notify District in writing within 90 days of the due date printed on the customer’s bill in need of adjustment. With the request, customer shall submit proof of repairs consisting of a repair bill, receipt for parts, or a picture of the repairs.
- Leak adjustments are administered one time per customer account within a five‐year period and may be applied to an event spanning no more than two consecutive billing cycles.
- If you incur a larger leak within the five‐year period, you may submit another leak adjustment request to receive the difference between the current and prior leak adjustment amounts.
- Approved adjustments will be processed as credits against the water bill account.
- During a pending leak adjustment request, the customer must continue to make timely water bill payments to avoid late fees and penalties
- The District retains the right to deny a leak adjustment request.
- The adjustment calculation will be 50% of usage in excess of the customer’s average usage for a representative 12‐ month period prior to the leak event.
- The District Manager may enter into a repayment arrangement for the remaining balance. Full repayment shall occur within twelve months from determination.
Customers can submit a leak adjustment request form to the District’s Customer Service department, either by this webform, by mail, in person, or e‐mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form below can be used as the full application. Please leave a phone number or e-mail in case staff have questions. Or you can print a copy of the form by clicking here.