WEATHER-BASED IRRIGATION CONTROLLER CREDIT
Purchase and install a weather-based irrigation controller and receive a credit of up to $75 or $125, depending on the type of controller.
Weather-based irrigation controllers have clocks that use current weather information to automatically apply the appropriate amount of water to the landscape. They can be installed new or replace an existing controller.
There are two types of controllers:
- Sensor-based controllers use on-site weather or solar sensors to create irrigation schedules (up to a $75 credit).
- Signal-based controllers rely on daily weather updates received from satellite signals or require an internet connection to receive the information (up to a $125 credit).
REQUIREMENTS FOR A WEATHER-BASED IRRIGATION CONTROLLER CREDIT:
You must properly install the weather-based controller to your irrigation system.
A post-site inspection by a District water conservation representative is required to verify that the controller is installed properly.
You must return the completed application with attached original receipts within 60 days of the date on the application.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A WEATHER-BASED IRRIGATION CONTROLLER CREDIT:
All credits are granted on a first-come-first-served basis. Once the budget is expensed for the year the credit program will be suspended until the beginning of the next fiscal year (July1st).
In order to ensure you will be granted a credit please follow these steps:
- Print here or contact the District’s Customer Service Department at 338-2153 to request an application for a weather-based irrigation controller credit.
- To ensure credit availability, complete the application and return it to the SLV Water District with the original sales receipt.
Drop off or mail your application and receipts to:
San Lorenzo Valley Water District
13060 Highway 9
Boulder Creek, CA 95006
- Once the application is received the District will contact you to set up a post-installation inspection.