* The rebate amount cannot exceed the combined cost of the toilet (i.e. tank and bowl) and toilet seat. Parts, sales tax, and installation labor are not included.
Complete rebate eligibility requirements are listed on the toilet rebate application.
- Rebate-eligible parts include the toilet tank, bowl, and seat only.
- Toilets must be installed and rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of the purchase date.
- Only EPA WaterSense® approved UHETs and HETs are eligible for rebates.
- The maximum number of toilet rebates is limited to the number of qualifying toilets in the household and a maximum of $600 will be credited per account.
- The applicant is solely responsible for removing the toilet hardware before District pick up of their old toilet (s).
- Old toilets cannot be reused. Participants agree to relinquish their old toilet(s) to SLVWD staff upon inspection.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A HIGH EFFICIENCY OR ULTRA HIGH EFFICIENCY TOILET CREDIT:
All credits are granted on a first-come-first-served basis. Once the budget is expensed for the year the credit program will be suspended until the beginning of the next fiscal year (July1st).
In order to ensure you will be granted a credit please follow these steps:
• Click here for the Toilet Retrofit Rebate Application or contact the District’s Customer Service Department at 338-2153 to request an application for a Toilet Retrofit credit.
(Be sure the toilet is EPA WaterSense® approved.)
• To ensure credit availability, complete the application and return it to the SLV Water District with the original sales receipt.
Drop off or mail your application and receipts to:
San Lorenzo Valley Water District
13060 Highway 9
Boulder Creek, CA 95006
- Once the application is received the District will contact you to set up a post-installation inspection.
- Complete the retrofit and schedule a post-installation site inspection.
(Post installation inspection must be completed within 60 days of initial application.)
Toilet replacements must be inspected by staff at SLVWD and old toilets cannot be reused. Participants must agree to relinquish their old toilet(s) to SLVWD staff upon inspection.
- The District completes the post-installation inspection and approves the credit.
- You will receive the approved credit on your account on the next billing cycle.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How do I find out how many gallons my toilet uses?
Toilets which use 1.6 gpf or less are stamped in the porcelain on the toilet bowl, right behind the toilet seat.