High Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate
The District continues to offer a credit of up to $100 to District customers who purchase and install a High-Efficiency Clothes Washer.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HIGH-EFFICIENCY CLOTHES WASHER CREDIT:
- To qualify, washing machines must be new and Energy-Star Compliant.
- A separate application is required for each clothes washer being installed.
- You must request, complete, and return the high-efficiency clothes washer credit application to the District, with attached original receipt, within 60 days of the date on the application.
- For the lifetime of your account, your combined credits for toilets and High-Efficiency Clothes Washers cannot exceed $400.
HIGH-EFFICIENCY CLOTHES WASHERS THAT QUALIFY FOR THE CREDIT:
You may select any high-efficiency clothes washer on the market that is rated as Energy-Star Compliant.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A HIGH-EFFICIENCY CLOTHES WASHER CREDIT?
All credits are granted on a first-come-first-served basis. Once the budget is expensed for the year the credit program will be suspended until the beginning of the next fiscal year (July1st).
In order to ensure you will be granted a credit please follow these steps:
- Print out an application here or contact the District’s Customer Service Department at 338-2153 to request an application for a High-Efficiency Clothes Washer credit.
- Complete the application and return it to the SLV Water District with the original sales receipt. (The application must be returned within 60 days of the date on the receipt).
Drop off or mail your application and receipts to:
San Lorenzo Valley Water District
13060 Highway 9
Boulder Creek, CA 95006
- You will receive the approved credit on your account on the next billing cycle.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much credit am I eligible to receive?
If your high-efficiency clothes washer qualifies, you are eligible to receive a credit of up to $100 per clothes washer. For the lifetime of your account, your combined credits for toilets and high-efficiency clothes washers cannot exceed $400.
How much water will I save with a high-efficiency clothes washer?
When you switch to a High-Efficiency, Energy Star Compliant washing machine you can save up to 50% of the water used for clothes washing.